The Heart River Golf Club offers spectacular golf, food and facilities for fun or prestigious events. Whether you are looking to book a tournament for a charitable fund raiser, a staff function or a family reunion, Heart River Golf Club is an excellent choice.
Annual Open: July 20-21
Heart River Open
Date: July 15-17,2017
Ladies League Windup
Time: 12:00 noon Start
Ladies League windup is open to all who have regularily participated in Ladies League on Wednesday evenings. Expect a great tournament with 18 holes of golf, supper and prizes.
FARMERS & MERCHANTS TOURNAMENT
Date: Friday June 15
Time: 10:00 am start
Co-ordinator: TBA, Co-ordinator: Alex Lavoie.
Call the clubhouse to register a team for this 4 ball best ball.
Glow Ball Tournament
Time: Arrive at 9:30pm
Come & join the annual glow ball tournament. Call the clubhouse for details
Men’s League Windup
Time: 10:00am Start
Men’s League windup is open to all who have regularily participated in Men’s League on Tuesday evenings. Expect a great tournament with 18 holes of golf, supper and prizes.
Booking a Tournament
In order to book your golf tournament call the clubhouse at 780-322-3977 and ask for Aggie. She will check for available dates and confirm details on pricing. She will require the following information:
- How many people will attend?
- What dates would you prefer?
- One or two day tournament?
- Are camping facilities required?
- Would you like us to provide a special supper?
Our tournament packages are very flexible and can be tailored to suit your group at competitive prices. We are confident that you will be pleased with the event.
Organizing Your Tournament
It doesn’t take much to organize a great tournament. The following tips may help you co-ordinate an event your participants will enjoy and remember.
- Appoint a tournament director to organize teams, advise tee-times and to be the go-to person for any questions about tournament rules & procedures.
- For a larger group have someone in charge of registration to confirm all participants are present and on teams.
- Provide prizes for a wide range of “winners” such as “most honest golfer”, “closest to the pin”, “longest drive”, “low score”, “best poker hand” etc.
- To avoid confusion about the rules, make up an easy to follow rule sheet to send out with each participant or each team.
- Consider different formats such as those outlined in the left column.
- You may want to have some skill contests as a bonus to your tournament. Some ideas are listed to the left to evoke your imagination.
- Consider booking a glow-ball tournament! They are fun, entertaining and make a memorable event for your staff function or family reunion.